FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- How do we get a marriage license? Visit your local county clerk's office website for their specific instructions, each one works a bit differently. Generally speaking, 30 days before your wedding date you will apply for the marriage license, in most cases you will need your birth certificate, social security card and drivers license.
- What kind of services do you do? I perform very simple to very elaborate wedding ceremonies and everything in between. We can meet to simply sign your marriage license or we can do a full wedding with all the guests and parties and then I also do a intimate wedding ceremony or elopement for the couple and up to 20 guests.
- What does your wedding ceremony sound like? When writing a ceremony it always begins as non religious, however we can include religion in your wedding ceremony if you prefer. The format for my weddings is pretty traditional so your church going guests will feel the comfort in the rhythm of the ceremony but the words we use will be unique to you. I will include a bit of your love story, how you met, your first date and why you love and admire each other. We can also include any unity wedding ceremonies or traditions you would like.
- Where do you perform wedding ceremonies? While I focus in the Holly, Fenton, Clarkston and Grand Blanc areas I do travel outside of these areas for an additional travel fee.
- What makes it legal for you to performa a wedding ceremony? I am ordained via the Universal Life Church. Michigan law states those who are ordained may perform wedding ceremonies within the state of Michigan.
- Do you perform same sex marriages? Yes I do,
- Can we include our children in the wedding ceremony? You absolutely can! There are many ways to include family, children and friends in your wedding ceremony, I am happy to provide samples of how to do this.